- Jul 12 2023
- 9:30 am
Psychological First Aid for Incident Support & Emergency Response Workers
This 1.5-hour psychological first aid class is available on July 12 at LVMPD Headquarters for all Southern Nevada incident support and emergency response workers. This includes but is not limited to private sector resort security, private EMS providers, Multi-Agency Coordination Center (MACC) staff, Individual and Family Assistance Center (IFAC) staff, call takers, dispatchers, hospital support staff, police support staff, fire support staff, and others.
The free class will provide you with emotional/psychological first aid skills that will enable to you properly deal with someone in crisis. Whether the crisis involves a simple stressful situation or a complex tragedy, you’ll have the tools needed to practically and emotionally support those involved.
You’ll also learn how what you say and what you do in moments of crisis can positively or negatively impact the people you deal with. You’ll be given the skills to make sure your impact is one that is a positive and helpful one.
Other dates and locations
In addition to these classes at LVMPD Headquarters, the Vegas Strong Resiliency Center’s Responder Wellness Program and the Trauma Intervention Program (TIP) of Southern Nevada will present other psychological first aid classes in Las Vegas and Henderson. Click on any of the below for details and registration.
- June 21 at Clark County Government Center (500 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89155)
- June 28 at Mirabelli Community Center (6200 Hargrove Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89107)
- July 20 at Henderson City Hall (240 S Water St, Henderson, NV 89015)
- August 17 at Clark County Government Center (500 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89155)
- August 23 at Mirabelli Community Center (6200 Hargrove Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89107)