- May 25 2023
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
School-Based Mass Violence Incidents: Addressing Student, Caregiver, & School Personnel Impact
Join the National Mass Violence Victimization Resource Center (NMVVRC) for a timely discussion on school-based mass violence incidents.
At the conclusion of the sixth virtual national town hall, participants will be able to:
- Identify preparedness strategies for schools to address mental health response for students and staff in the aftermath of a mass violence incident.
- Describe the vital role of victim services professionals in preparing and responding to school shootings.
- Describe the age-related trauma reactions for children and adolescents and ways to talk to children about school mass violence incidents.
- Identify long-term strategies, interventions, and resources that promote resilience following a school shooting.
- Describe important lessons learned in readiness, response, recovery, and resilience from previous responses to school shootings.
- Describe the most important skills and strategies needed for professionals who respond to school shootings.